This blog is designed for all DCEs or DCE types to come and share their joys, frustrations, ideas, etc. Hope that we can all take advantage of this and use it as a great networking place.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

KINDLE Commercial

Hey!

Just a quick "commercial" for all you NE District DCEs to consider getting into KINDLE. My "Lay Cluster" met Sunday the 15th after church. What happened? God showed up--big time! One participant was struggling with a whole constellation of stressors, and we all laid hands on the person and prayed. Today in an e-mail I received answers to the prayers and many thanks to the cluster for their support. Sure, this can happen in almost any group setting, but with KINDLE, the participants seem to go deeper, quicker.

If you have any reservations about whether KINDLE can benefit you and your church, I could easily connect you with about a dozen lay people who would gladly give you their testimony!

Jim Haack

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Churchlady said...

Jim, for me the whole KINDLE thing is a money issue. I always felt that I ought to get a masters first. I'm discouraged about still having to struggle to pay school loans off AND not seeing enough of a substantial raise in salary to pay for the class credits for a masters even. (And I realize that my own mistakes are not the problems that others face. It's just my reason.)

Anyhoo...

I was thinking that since you and Bob have gotten so much from it - that if you couldn't use some of the things you've learned to help DCE's in the district. You know, whether it's a format - like you might use in your lay cluster. Or discussion topics or books you've read. I'm not intending that you should reproduce KINDLE for us free of charge, but maybe even by presenting aspects of the program others will be interested in pursuring KINDLE. I think the things you've learned could make our DCE group stronger.

3:37 PM

 
Blogger Jim Haack said...

Vicki:
At our May 10 meeting in Kearney, I'll propose that we study some of the stuff that's covered in KINDLE. This would not be a "freebie" clone of KINDLE, because there is so much more to KINDLE than just reading some books. The knowledge gained from KINDLE is pretty much in the public domain. So I can recommend some of those books for oue conferences.
Jim

11:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home